There are numerous types of sewing machines that you can use on various sewing and quilting applications. However, some materials like leather might be tough to sew using the typical units. Therefore, if your are into large scale sewing of leather materials, it’s always best that you go for the best industrial sewing machine for leather.
These tools have an internal metal framing and a durable exterior casing that protects them from rigorous job site harassment. Besides, they also have a potent motor that produces efficient stitches per minute to tackle even the thickest leather fabrics.
You can also use these machines for a whole day of continuous production since they feature well-positioned operating controls that are elementary to use. There are also some additional features like the LED work light that guarantees you a precise output.
The units also feature several optional utility and decor stitches to select using the stitch selector dial. However, all these characteristics vary depending on the manufacturer’s rendering, choosing quite tricky a task. But worry not, this article has all you require to know about from the best industrial sewing machine for leather.
Additionally, there’s an inclusion of the buyer’s guide with detailed information regarding the most important aspects of industrial sewing machines that you should know before shopping for one.
List of The Best Industrial Sewing Machines for Leather
1.Heavy Duty 4411 with 69 Stitch Applications
There is no doubt that SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 with 69 Stitch Applications is arguably the best sewing machine for leather. This magnificent tool has several characteristics, such as 11-nested stitches that includes 4-decorative stitches, 1-inbuilt buttonhole, and 6-basic tacks- That are ideal for fashion sewing, crafts, home decor, and many more.
The 4411 model also integrates an adjustable needle threader. You can vary this needle to three different positions when you want to perform cording, add a decorative touch with topstitching, or add zippers.
No leather can pose a challenge to sew using this machine. All thanks go to the tools powerful motor that provides efficient power that results in up to 1100 stitches per minute. This sturdy unit also features a whole metal skeleton contributing to its stability while operating and durability.
Summary of the key features
- The tool features an adjustable presser foot control that you can use to facilitate elementary sewing on both heavy and lightweight leather materials.
- This machine also comes with up to 69-optional utility stitches to choose from- Therefore, it increases the tool’s efficiency under different fabrics.
- The 4-presser feet enhance the tools capability and also the ease of use since you can elementary control the machine by adjusting the presser foot pressure.
- The 4411 model can produce up to 1100 stitches per minute, suitable to handle even the thick leather materials.
- This unit further characterizes an automatic 4-step buttonhole that you can use to sew the button in 4-straightforward steps.
- Its heavy-duty interior metal framing provides stability and durability to the entire tool.
- High-speed sewing.
- It’s ideal for both heavy and lightweight leather materials.
- Suitable for darning socks and pants, attaching buttons, and creative free-motion sewing.
- The tool features an adjustable needle threader.
- It has a vigorous motor.
- Durable and versatile.
- Easy-to-load bobbin system.
- Enhanced capabilities.
- This machine only has up to 69 stitches options.
2. JUKI DDL8700H High-Speed Lock-Stitch Sewing Machine for Heavy Material DDL
Unfortunately, the JUKI DDL8700H High-Speed Lock-Stitch Sewing Machine for Heavy Material DDL comes as head only. However, this tool is suitable for all industrial leather sewing purposes, thanks to its efficient motor. Were it not for my first product on this list, I would have this JUKI DDL8700H as my best industrial sewing machine for leather.
The unit operates at an incredible sewing speed of up to 4000 rotations per minute. Moreover, this incorporates a maximum stitch length of 5mm and a needle bar stroke of 25mm. Thus capable of handling even the thick leather fabrics, jeans, curtains, and also boat canvas.
The DDL8700H characterizes some essential features ideal for industrial purposes. For instance, this tool comes with a thread stand and a bobbin winder to facilitate the entire machine’s elementary operation. Additionally, it features an oil pan, also known as a knee lifter, an instruction manual screwdriver, and some machine oil- To facilitate the rotating parts’ lubrication.
Summary of the key features
- This tool has a higher foot lift of up to 13mm, making it ideal for handling very thick industrial leather.
- It features a rugged motor that produces up to 4000rpm to facilitate the immense sewing as a heavy-duty machine.
- The machine also includes a longer needle bar stroke measuring at 25mm to penetrate the thick leather textiles effortlessly.
- Its 5.5 to 13mm needle and the 3-row lift presser foot also expedite its functionality over various materials.
- The tools’ knee lifter contributes to the auto-lubrication reducing the wear and tear effect on the rotating parts and the hook.
- This machine further incorporates an adjustable reverse feed and a bobbin winder that works in conjunction to improve the device’s workability.
- Heavy-duty machine.
- The tool has a more massive feed and foot mechanism.
- It also includes a machine oil for auto-lubrication.
- This machine has a higher maximum stitch length.
- The unit also has a longer needle length.
- It incorporates a functional bobbin winder, horizontal axis hook, and a thread stand.
- The tool comes without the motor and a work table.
3. SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine with 110 Stitch Applications
For all your industrial leather applications, choose the SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine. This high-performance tool comes with up to 110-stitching options that you can conveniently select using the stitch dial selector.
Furthermore, this heavy-duty unit further features an extra high sewing capability, since it produces up to 1100 stitches per minute- Thereby rendering it appropriate for sewing hard and thick materials such as canvas, denim, and also leather.
The 4452 make traits up to 7 presser feet, allowing you to unleash the machines’ capability under various sewing and quilting techniques. Its automatic needle threader further simplifies the entire sewing operation by allowing quick machine threading from the spool to the needle’s eye.
Summary of the key features
- This tool has a heavy-duty internal metal framing that contributes to the alignment of the mechanisms and durability.
- The drop feed helps in expanding the capability of the tool.
- You can monitor the thread supply using the machines’ even easy-to-load bobbin system.
- This unit has up to 7-presser feet that are elementary to operate, increasing its capability over various leather materials.
- The machines’ extra-high sewing speed facilitates its usability even on the hard to sew fabrics.
- It also has up to 110-stitching options that give you the flexibility to practice customized designs.
- The tool produces 50% more power.
- Suitable for tackling thicker fabrics.
- Skip-free sewing.
- It features a mechanized 1-step buttonhole.
- This machine has an automatic needle threader.
- The unit integrates a clear cover bobbin.
- Expanded capabilities.
- It has an all-metal skeleton.
- This tool only has a single 1-step buttonhole.
4. Juki TL-2010Q 1-Needle, Lockstitch, Portable Sewing Machine with Automatic Thread Trimmer
With only 37.8 pounds, the Juki TL-2010Q 1-Needle, Lockstitch, Sewing Machine has a compact and lightweight body. Therefore, you can handily transport it from one workshop to the next and train in sewing classes.
This incredible machine also incorporates an LED work light that illuminates the sewing path and provides light while working in a low visibility room. The tool further hallmarks an industrial sub-tension system and a variable speed controller that ensures effective performance under different loads.
The TL-2020Q sewing machine has a large working table measuring up to 23″ that is auxiliary attached, making it ideal for industrial applications. On top of that, this unit attributes an exclusive foot control system that you can elementarily use to trim the top and bobbin threads.
Summary of the key features
- This tool features a mechanized thread button that can trim both the needle and bobbin thread simultaneously.
- You can also use either the trim button or the foot controller to engage the Juki industrial technique thread trimming mechanism.
- The unit further includes a thread tension scale that you can use to regulate the tension depending on the material and the thread.
- You also have the speed control lever to use when varying the operating speed.
- The tool characterizes a microcomputer-controlled speed control mechanism that allows the machine to sew materials at a low speed.
- This machines’ heavy-duty needle stops in the down position, allowing for pivoting and more accurate free motion work.
- It has an automatic needle threader that prevents eye-straining and also facilitates easy starts.
- You can regulate the presser foot without using your hands.
- The tools’ presser foot can rise to 12mm high.
- Accurate feeds and perfect stitching.
- Perfect for heavyweight fabric, multiple layer materials, and quilting.
- Variable speed control.
- Compact and lightweight.
- It can sew at low speeds.
- Adjustable tension system.
- The tool has an LED work light.
- The presser foot can rise to only 12mm.
5. Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine, Strong & Tough
The heavyweight needle pack, which includes #16, #14, and #11 makes this tool feature among the best industrial sewing machines for leather- This is because you can effectively sew different types of leather materials ranging from thin to thick.
The unit also features 37 decorative and utility stitches, including the stretch tacks, blind hems, zipper insertions, and buttonholes. Thus, increasing the capability of the machine, making it more valuable. This tool also incorporates six exceptional sewing feet: the blind stitch, zipper, button sewing feet, nonstick, and zigzag feet.
Moreover, the machine has a potent motor that ensures high-speed operation of up to 800 stitches per minute. You can also make use of the jam-resistant quick-set drop-in top bobbin to monitor the thread supply for a productive output.
Summary of the key features
- The machine includes a free-arm appropriate for sewing leather cuffs, jeans, and sleeves.
- This tool also makes storage more convenient with its inbuilt ergonomic handle that you can easily use to transport the machine to your storage room.
- It’s ideal for beginners since the unit features an instructional DVD.
- The device has a drop feed feature that allows for easy free-motion sewing.
- You can use the stitch selector dial to select between the machines’ 36-utility and decorative stitches.
- This tools’ automatic needle threader facilitates effortless starts and accurate threading.
- The jam-resistant drop-in bobbin system saves your time since it is elementary to set and has a transparent cover to monitor the thread supply conveniently.
- The tool has assured flexibility and durability.
- You can use this machine on thick, lightweight, and elegant leather fabrics.
- This unit has at least six sewing feet.
- It features an automatic bobbin winding system.
- Complete free-motion sewing.
- Easy to store.
- Ideal for beginners.
- This tool only has 37-optional decorative and utility stitches.
6. Janome Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine with 14 Stitches
Why look for more when you can use the Janome Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine for all your leather sewing and quilting projects. This tool features up to 14-optional stitches that include one 4-step buttonhole to help you unleash your customized sewing creativity put it up there as the best industrial sweing machine for leather.
As an industrial tool, the unit has a rugged outer aluminum body construction to withstand the toucher it encounters in the working field. You can also conveniently thread the upper head to the needle and let the automatic inbuilt needle threader push the thread through the needles’ eye.
This high-performance tool also features a drop feed mechanism that you can elementarily lower, using the switch lever to experience the free-motion sewing and quilting. Besides, you can also use this incredible feature when stitching or darning buttonholes.
Summary of the key features
- The tool hallmarks a removable storage compartment that converts it into a free arm for efficient quilting and sewing applications.
- This unit also has a 3-piece feed dog mechanism that enables it to have a smooth fabric feed despite the fabric type.
- It also traits a hard side cover that ensures the whole machine’s safety when not in use.
- The device further has an adjustable stitch length and zigzag width suitable for making personalized stitch settings.
- You can also select your appropriate utility stitch from the 14-available optional stitches.
- The tools’ 4-step buttonhole helps you produce well-designed buttonholes.
- The machine has a durable internal and external aluminum frame.
- 4-presser feet.
- Suitable for cuffs and sleeves.
- Easy to use.
- It features a front-loading bobbin system.
- 25-year limited customer warranty.
- The tool is ideal for quilting and high pile fabrics.
- Removable storage compartment.
- This machine has only one 4-step buttonhole.
7. Singer Classic 23-Stitch Heavy-Duty Mechanical Sewing Machine, 44S
Let’s first recognize the conveniently positioned stitch selector dial on the Singer Classic 23-Stitch Heavy-Duty Mechanical Sewing Machine, 44S. You can use this feature to select the appropriate utility or decorative stitch from the available 23-options.
This tool also has a rugged motor that powers it through any type of leather material with incredible 1000 stitches per minute. The machine further characterizes a robust interior metal framing and a stainless steel bedplate that ensures durability even under heavy usage.
The 44S highly-efficient sewing machine also marks a mechanized needle threader to facilitate the first stats and a top drop-in bobbin that saves you the working time. Furthermore, you can adjust the stitch length, width, and density, making this tool ideal for demanding and easy sewing and quilting applications.
Summary of the key features
- The unit has three-needle positions rendering this machine flexible over a variety of leather materials.
- This tool also has an embedded LED work light that helps in illuminating the sewing path.
- You also have up to 23-stitching options to facilitate the variety of embellishments and for standard tacking applications.
- The machine also attributes a vigorous motor that results in high-speed operations of up to 1000 stitches per minute.
- It only weighs 17 pounds. Thus lightweight for enhanced job site portability.
- This unit has a heavy-duty interior metal framing and a stainless steel bedplate that increases its efficiency and durability.
- Compact and lightweight.
- The tool can withstand harsh job site harassment.
- It’s a high-speed machine.
- Suitable for any quilting and sewing projects.
- This unit saves on the starting time.
- It has a well-located stitch selector dial.
- The device comes with a variety of additional accessories.
- This tool produces up to 1000 stitches per minute.
8. JUKI DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine
The JUKI tools have appeared severally in this top tier list- Not forgetting the JUKI DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine. This efficient machine has a robust 110V industrial clutch motor that makes it stand out among the other best industrial sewing machines for leather.
The 1541 model accredits this by producing a whooping 2500 stitches, more than twice its competitors. Additionally, the tool has a maximum stitching length of up to 9mm, thereby quickly penetrates even the thickest leather materials.
This unit also employs walking foot technology and a rectangular feed to quickly tackle the hard to sew materials. You will also find a nested work light in this tool to facilitate all your low visibility operations and ensure clear illumination of the sewing path. Besides, this device comes fully assembled and ready to use with features such as the machine head, stand, drawer, table, and many more.
Summary of the key features
- The tool has a large work-table to help you to work effectively on long and thick leather materials.
- Its industrial clutch motor ensures that the machine favorably performs even on the hard to sew leather materials.
- This unit produces up to 2500 stitches per minute, ideal for whole day operations on various fabrics.
- The machine also employs the walking foot technology and a rectangular feed. Thus, it effortlessly handles any material.
- It further features a work light that guarantees accuracy in sewing and quilting applications.
- The tool has a higher needle stroke.
- Large working table.
- The device comes as a complete unit.
- Manufactured by Juki, a leading company in sewing quality technology.
- This machine also comes with a storage unit.
- It features a mighty motor.
- Minor blemishes and scratches may occur during the production scheme.
- The tools’ motor might be noisy during operations.
Best Industrial Sewing Machine for Leather Buyers’ Guide
You can’t just use any type of sewing machine to tackle the hard to sew materials like leather, especially for mass production in industries. For this reason, you have to employ the best industrial sewing machines for leather.
These tools are available in extensive collections with different designs and capabilities. Therefore, you must read on and find out why you need an industrial sewing machine and factors to consider when buying or ordering one.
Why You Should Buy an Industrial Sewing Machine for Leather
Easy-to-use. These incredible machines need no professionalism. Most of them have an instructional DVD that guides you in every step as a first-time user. Besides that, these units have well-located control functions to facilitate elementary operations.
Optional utility stitch. You can also conveniently choose a practical utility or decorative stitch, depending on your specifications. However, the number of available stitches varies depending on the model.
Automatic needle threader. These tools save time and protect your eyes by preventing them from straining—gratitude to the tools’ automatic needle threader that facilitates easy starts.
Durable. The units have an internal metal framing that ensures the mechanisms’ alignment and guarantees the machine’s durability and stability.
Additional features. Some of these tools have other features, such as the LED work light that facilitates precision sewing and quilting ventures.
High-speed. You will also comfortably and efficiently work on any leather type since all these units have a powerful motor that renders them high-speed operating machines.
Factors to Contemplate When Buying The Best Sewing Machine for Leather
The motors’ capability and rating determine the amount of power that your machine will produce. This power has its units in stitches per minute, which vary in different devices depending on the design.
For instance, a tool like the JUKI DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine- has a vigorous motor that enables it to produce more than twice stitches per minute than other sewing tools- That ranges to a maximum of 2500SPM.
- Utility and decorative stitches
The utility and decorative stitches allow you to enhance your machines’ capability by customizing diverse designs. However, these features vary from one tool to another, with the average numbers ranging from 10 to 200 stitches.
There are also some other tacks like the buttonhole stitches that are available as either one or four-step.
- Dog feed mechanism
It might be a minor accessory, but it’s the one that facilitates the free-motion sewing and quilting applications. You can easily enable this operation by lowering the lever. Therefore, before buying or ordering for your preferred machine keenly, check on the dog feed mechanism’s performance capability.
As an industrial machine, these tools will have to withstand the workplace’s heavy duties and harsh environment. Therefore, your unit has to have substantial interior and exterior framing to enhance its durability.
The standard material ideal for these capabilities is stainless steel. However, a machine like the Janome Industrial-Grade HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine with 14 Stitches has an internal and external aluminum body.
Most of these tools feature an automatic needle threader that allows for easy starts. However, some other essential aspects like the needle size and the positions also contribute to the machine’s efficiency.
An ordinary sewing tool can have at least three needle positions and various needles, including a #16 for thick fabrics, #14 for medium, and a #11 for the thin ones, as seen in Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine.
For a more productive output, a machine should have additional characteristics like the LED work lights that ensure accuracy in all sewing operations. Besides that, a free arm makes a tool ideal for sewing cuffs and sleeves.
The machine will also need a presser foot that eliminates the need to use hands in making some essential adjustments. Additionally, the thread tension scale, the bobbin system, and many more contribute to the machines’ efficiency.
Watche the video below of sewing of leather using industrial sewing machine:
When it comes to the hard to sew materials like leather, you have no choice but to use the best industrial sewing machine for leather. These high-performance tools have many contrasting features that make them ideal for high-speed sewing and quilting on rigid materials.
For instance, they feature the stitch selector dial, automatic needle threader, robust motor, top drop-in bobbin system, and many more. However, I stand with the Heavy Duty 4411 with 69 Stitch Applications. This efficient machine allows you to select an optional utility stitch among the possible 69. Besides, it also features 4-presser feet, 4-step buttonhole, among others.
However, you have the privilege to choose the machine that suits your project correctly- And you have this entire article to find out what you are supposed to look for in an efficient sewing machine.