There’s a sense of great satisfaction that comes with sewing on your own, especially if you do so for kids’ clothing. Whether for business or as a leisure activity, sewing for children has gained popularity and become more important than ever. This write-up entails the best sewing machine for children’s clothes that does a superb job of producing elegant outfits.
This read will help you identify the best sewing machine for making leggings, rompers, jumpers, newborn tops, mittens, bath towels, overskirts, raincoats, summer shirts, pajamas, shorts, and baby dresses.
You can also sew clothing accessories for kids such as bow ties, tote bags, fabric headbands, scarves, winter caps, and sling bags, among others.
These machines will also help you mend torn pieces of clothing, defective zippers, fallen buttons, undone hems, and many other simple fixes; this will help you cut repair costs and give durability to the clothes.
Another bonus to buying the best sewing machine for children’s clothes is that you can introduce your kids to the sewing realm by teaching them using your machine.
Children feel elated and loved when they don colorful, matching clothes that make them look stylish; such kind can only be made when you use the best sewing machines. Continue reading below, and you will get the best offers available in the market.
Why You Should Buy the Best Sewing Machine for Children’s Clothes
- Long Lasting
I cannot emphasize this enough, but customers will always appreciate durable machines, as it is among the high-ranking properties of a good machine. It is advantageous because it enables you to benefit fully from what you spent procuring the machine in question.
You can also pass down your durable sewing machine to subsequent generations as an inheritance for continued use.
The sewing machines discussed in this review are highly durable. For example, Janome HD3000 has several parts made of aluminum to give it a sturdy build; plus, it comes with a hard plastic cover to protect it from external damage.
- Pocket Friendly
The advent and constant progress of technology have led to first-rate sewing machines at affordable price ranges. The sewing machines highlighted in this article are cheaper and more effective than the traditional ones, courtesy of priceless creativity from the brands involved.
- Warranty Covered
Highly reputable brands make the sewing machines explored in this article. The machines are covered with warranties to give credence to their authenticity, mostly 25 years for chassis, 1-year parts and labor, and 2 years electronics. It is an assurance that the products are devoid of defects and are of the highest standards.
- Easy to Use
The construction of a good machine needs an approach that is customer-oriented to improve the ease of use. A sophisticated sewing machine will stress the user, who may ultimately abandon it. On the other hand, a user-friendly sewing machine boosts the operator’s confidence when interacting with it.
The machines above are built in the simplest manner possible to give you comfort during operation, and they also come with a user manual and instructional DVD for graphic illustrations. All these are done in your best interest for better results.
- Fast/High Sewing Rate
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Sewing Machine for Children’s Clothes
- Stitch Rate
The speed of a sewing machine is measured in terms of stitches per minute. The stitch rates vary from one machine to another, with industrial quilters having a higher stitch rate than their non-commercial counterparts.
If you intend to sew children’s clothes commercially, it is paramount that you go for a high-speed machine such as JUKI TL-2000Qi (1500 SPM); those intending to sew on a smaller scale can opt for a machine with a lower stitch rate.
It’s also important to note that the speeds can be adjusted using speed controls for computerized machines or using the treadle for mechanical machines such as Janome HD1000.
- Computerized vs Mechanical
This article features both computerized and mechanical sewing machines. The computerized versions have a host of controls to issue commands at the touch of buttons.
They are also more advanced technologically to adapt to changing times. A good example is the Brother HC1850 which has an LCD screen for stitch selection.
Mechanical sewing machines are also advantageous in their own right. They are cheaper and easier to operate owing to their simplicity of construction.
Brand, as it were, is the company that makes the sewing machine. Some companies have a rich legacy of manufacturing reliable, durable, and highly efficient products. The machine brands highlighted in this piece are first-rate and backed by excellent servicing and customer care.
- Presser Feet and Special Attachments
A presser foot holds down the fabric as it is fed into the sewing machine for stitching. Most machines come with the most basic presser feet ( zipper foot and all-purpose foot).
The machines discussed here come with additional specialized feet designed for particular projects. For instance, if you intend to quilt or use spongy material, you need a machine with a walking foot for free-motion quilting.
For decorative stitching, you need a machine with a satin foot, and for leather material, the presser foot should be made of Teflon or non-stick material. Other types of special feet include darning foot, blind hem foot, overcast foot, and buttonhole foot.
Portability, in this case, is the movability or mobility of sewing machines. If you change work locations habitually, there is no point going for a heavy machine that is difficult to move around; you can settle for a lighter model such as Brother SE400 (13.4 pounds).
If you’re not inclined to move between work locations, a heavier machine like JUKI TL-2000Qi will serve you well.
A machine’s cost is one of the first things a prospective buyer will look at before purchasing the product. It is a basic concept of budgeting that is characteristic of every client as it enables you to determine whether you can afford it or not.
Best Brother sewing machines for quilting highlighted in this article are priced at an affordable range, and every bit of their output is worth the cost.
Best Sewing Machine for Children’s Clothes
If you are looking to sew your kid’s clothes you should buy the following sewing machines:
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 is a gem among sewing machines that produce a high degree of precision on your decorative stitches. The stitches’ quality is of a high standard as the machine sews beautifully to match other models that cost way more.
The selection and editing of decorative stitches are simple and intuitive. Not every stitch can be elongated or made wider to the same extent, but it is easy to tell what you can and cannot do once you see it on the screen. Considering this capability, you have way more than the 960 stitches advertised.
Many stitches can be flipped or rotated, so you could stitch a line of left-facing triangles next to a line of right-facing triangles or run some lines of straight stitches in between for a cuff, and the results are perfect because you can edit precisely where each stitch starts and stops.
With this wide selection of stitches, even the simplest garment can be embellished with embroidery to make it look amazing.
The hand quilting-look stitch combined with the walking foot offers a feature usually found on only high-end machines. By following the manual’s directions and making the necessary tension adjustments, the result is quite impressive. It has 600 built-in stitches, including 5 alphanumeric fonts and 13 automatic 1-step buttonholes.
This machine is computerized with an LCD screen that lets you view and select stitch designs, stitch length, and width. This sewing machine’s dimensions are 17.25 x 8.25 x 12 inches, and it weighs 20lbs; plus, it comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
I’d like to point out that this machine uses size 15 bobbins, not 15J. The difference is slight, but if you use the wrong bobbins, you will mess up your work; and consider using Singer brand bobbins, and not cheap copies, which are not the same size.
Summary of Key Features
- It has a large selection of built-in stitches (600), including basic, stretch, and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor, and crafting. There’s also a provision of fonts to select from for customized finishing.
- The machine has an automatic needle-threading system for easy threading from the spool; this means that you won’t have to strain your eyes looking for the eye of the needle.
- It is a high-speed machine with maximum sewing rates of 850 stitches per minute, enabling you to finish your projects quickly for better productivity.
- It comes with an assortment of presser feet that include satin stitch foot, overcasting foot, all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, open toe foot, blind hem foot, rolled hem, zipper foot, darning foot, button sewing foot, quilting foot, and cording foot.
- SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 has a 7-segment feeding system.
- It also has an automatic locking stitch function.
- SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 has an extra-high presser foot lift
- Its power source is electric corded, 110V, and 55W.
- Singer’s touch screen is superior, as it is not only a color screen but also much clearer
- It has a high degree of precision that you can bring to bear on your decorative stitches
- The selection and editing of decorative stitches are simple and intuitive on this machine.
- In this machine, many stitches can be flipped or rotated
- It has advanced editing capabilities; you can edit precisely where each stitch starts and stops
- With a wide selection of stitches on this machine, even the simplest garment can be embellished with embroidery
- The options this machine offers, combined with the wonderful threads widely available to machine embroiderers, make fashion sewing exciting in a whole new way.
- The hand quilting-look stitch combined with the walking foot offers a feature usually found on only high-end machines
- SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 has a pretty good manual (written in English, French, and Spanish).
- It is a high-quality machine with so many awesome stitches and features for such a low price, with free shipping.
- You cannot use the quilting bar with the walking foot
- It does not have a knee lifter.
Juki HZL-F600 is your perfect fit if you are new at sewing children’s clothes. The features on this machine allow you to go from garment sewing, hemming, and mending to household sewings like curtains and drapes, to quilting smoothly.
The transition from one function to the other is flawless. This machine is quiet compared to base level machines. There are two LED lights in the lighting, one over the needle and one over the surface. The sewer comes with an array of stitch designs: 255 sewing patterns and 4 fonts.
Juki HZL-F600 has a wide LCD screen (33mm by 66mm) to enable easy visualization and selection of stitch designs, and 16 unique buttonhole stitches.
This machine’s working surface is large and wide (12″ long x 8″ wide) to give you more room to execute larger projects. It also has a self needle-threading system and an automatic thread cutter.
The machine is fast with top speeds of 900 SPM that could be adjusted to low speeds of 80 SPM. It can also sew through thick or multiple layers, including denim.
The quilt guide gives the feeding system high precision, and the two LED lights illuminate the working area for better visibility in dim rooms or when working on darker fabrics.
This sewer is covered by a 5 years mechanical warranty, 2 years of electronics, and 3 months of repair on defects in parts.
Summary of Key Features
- The Juki HZL-F600 sewing machine has many patterns and stitches: utility, alphabet, decorative, 255 sewing patterns, and 4 fonts.
- The machine comes with a patchwork presser foot, edge-sewing presser foot, open toe presser foot, and a large LCD screen (33mm x 66mm) for easy stitch pattern selection.
- It has an automatic needle threading system, and automatic thread trimming using a push-button or by treadling.
- This machine has a maximum sewing speed of 900 SPM that can be adjusted down to 80 SPM.
- Juki HZL-F600 comes with a walking foot for sewing through thick material, multilayered fabric, and quilting.
- It has an instant and precise needle-stop function.
- The machine has an excellent bobbin winding set-up.
- This machine is equipped with 2 LED lights to illuminate your working area for improved visibility when working on darker material.
- It also comes with a retractable table extension for working on large projects and quilting.
- The transition from one function to the other is flawless.
- Juki HZL-F600 is quiet compared to base level machines.
- The machine is intuitive and easy to set up and operate right out of the box.
- its bobbin winder fills a smooth, tight, even bobbin and has an independent bobbin motor, so there is no need to stop sewing for bobbin filling. (bobbin winder is a separate motor, you don’t have to disengage the main motor to wind a bobbin)
- It has a free motion quilting foot that is so well designed and makes FMQ a breeze.
- It’s very sturdy; this machine is tough and will go through multiple thick fabrics without a hitch.
- The machine’s work surface is HUGE and very comfortable, and the table extension makes it even bigger if needed.
- Juki HZL-F600 has intuitive controls and a good manual that is easy to navigate and understand
- The DVD video is nicely done and concise, and the manual is well organized with lots of step-by-step illustrations.
- The presser foot knee lift and thread cutter of the machine are awesome when paper piecing quilt blocks.
- Juki HZL-F600 can be operated without the foot pedal.
- The machine’s knee lever allows lifting the pressure foot without taking your hands from work.
- It comes with many stitch choices, from lettering to quilting stitches. You can control the size and length for each and save your favorites.
- It doesn’t have a template foot for use with ruler work
Brother CS6000i is a perfect quilting machine for beginners at an entry-level price. When you are a novice, it is unwise to splash a lot of money on a high-end machine that you cannot operate with your little expertise. Thus, in my judgment, this is one of the best machines if you are starting, and here is why:
Firstly, this machine comes with 60 built-in stitches, including 7 quilting, 6 looms, 20 clothing, 7 auto buttonholes, and 20 decorative styles. Hence, you can use this machine not only for quilting but also for other purposes like garments and general sewing.
A simple LCD screen indicates the current level of sewing and has a selector for stitches. The stitching rate of CS6000i is 850 SPM, and the tuning button can regulate that for easy threading.
This quilter also uses automatic threading and a bright LED light that makes it easier to sew in poorly-lit rooms and dark fabrics. The bobbin winding system is also ultra-efficient and effortless. Lastly, the extended table gives enough room for you to quilt on large projects.
To get exquisite results, you need an excellent machine at the outset, and CS6000i delivers just that.
This machine is so easy to thread once you get the hang of it. Initially, you have to take your time and get to know the machine, and you will ultimately be able to fill a bobbin in 60 seconds and thread in 10 seconds.
Summary of Key Features
- It has a button on the back, allowing you to lower the feed dogs to do free-hand quilting.
- Brother CS6000i has a quick-set bobbin installation.
- This machine’s accessory pouch contains a cleaning brush, screwdriver, spool pin that you could put on the top of your machine, an eyelet punch, three bobbins, the seam ripper, a twin needle, and a presser foot.
- It also comes with an extension table, an operation manual, and a hardcover case to protect your machine.
- This quilter has 60 Unique built-in stitches, including decorative stitches and 8 styles of 1-step auto-sized buttonholes.
- Brother CS6000i is equipped with an LCD screen that enables you to select your stitch mode at the push of a button.
- The machine is covered by 25 years limited warranty with free technical support for its lifetime.
- The maximum stitch rate of Brother CS6000i is 850 SPM, adjustable.
- It’s user friendly and comes with complete instruction manuals in English and Spanish.
- This machine is so easy to thread once you get the hang of it.
- Brother CS6000i has an automatic buttonhole maker that is easy and fun to use.
- It’s excellent value for your money as it will last you through many projects; beginner, intermediate, or advanced.
- Brother CS6000i is lightweight in design for improved portability
- Push-button controls (start/stop, reverse & speed) of CS6000i quilter are so convenient; therefore, you don’t have to use the pedal.
- It does not work well with thick fabric like denim
- The machine has tension issues
The JUKI TL-2000Qi will make an excellent purchase if you seek to make fashion products like kids’ clothing, bags, and fancy quilt pieces. The machine is customer-oriented and does not wobble to the point of bouncing around your workspace during operation.
It is strong enough to sew canvas and has a sturdy build to handle mechanical stress. This machine is fast as it can achieve a maximum quilt rate of 1500 SPM, which will help you save on time. Its dimensions are 17.8 x 8.6 x 13.8 inches with a weight of 37.8 pounds, and it’s treadle-powered.
There are so many machine models at various prices that look similar to JUKI TL-2000Qi. As a point of caution, their inside is not the same as this machine! Juki, by far, makes the best sewing machines internally and externally, and this particular model has 6 oil ports; most new machines have none.
To benefit fully from JUKI TL-2000Qi, you need to use it properly. I will enlighten you on some of the prerequisites that must be achieved for this machine to perform as intended.
First off, this is a full rotary hook machine, and the top thread tension and bobbin tension (manually adjusted on the bobbin case) must be exact, or it will not sew properly. Second, the needle must be the correct one for the job. Third, the presser foot must be adjusted to move the material adequately without binding or slipping.
You must also have multiple bobbin cases if you use different bobbin thread weights to avoid continual bobbin tension adjustments. When all of the above are met, the machine will sew perfectly, and it will be like a dream come true for you.
Summary of Key Features
- It comes with an LED lighting system for improved visibility.
- This machine has a maximum speed of 1500 SPM that can be adjusted down
- JUKI TL-2000Qi has an automatic needle threading system
- The machine has an aluminum die-cast arm and bed for minimum vibration during operation.
- It comes with a retractable extension table for a wider working area
- It has a maximum stitch length of 6mm.
- This Juki Tl-2000Qi has 6 oil ports.
- It is treadle-powered.
- The machine has a very sturdy build (which means it does have some weight), which makes for incredibly smooth sewing
- The table of JUKI TL-2000Qi stays completely still with minimal noise even when you sew at high speeds.
- This machine comes with great customer service and support to back it up.
- The knee lifter lever of JUKI TL-2000Qi is a time saver
- It has a thread trimming system that works efficiently; you can start right away again, even when the bobbin thread is invisible after trimming.
- It does not have a speed control
- The needle threader is a bit tricky to get the hang of
- Since the Juki is a semi-industrial machine, you need to oil it regularly
SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 is an ideal machine for its cost. It can sew denim, canvas, and folded multilayered seams with no problem; this means that there’s very little it can’t handle.
It is made up of a metallic interior frame and a strong steel bedplate. The machine has a powerful motor giving it a high sewing speed of up to 1100 SPM for faster operation.
For convenience, it features a drop feed for button sewing, a top drop-in bobbin, an adjustable presser foot, and a built-in 4-step buttonhole.
Its uniquely powerful motor enables it to sew through thick and heavy fabrics with little effort. With this machine, you can adjust the presser foot pressure depending on your fabric’s heavy or light make.
The internal workings, gears, and parts of this machine are mostly made of cast metal (aluminum, zinc, or their alloy), the shafts are polished steel, and the bearings are made of bronze for improved durability. You can rest assured this machine will outlast any of your household items.
Its dimensions are 15. 5″ L x 6. 25 “W x 12 “H and weighs in at 14.5lbs. It is also treadle powered and covered by a 25-year limited warranty.
The machine is easy to thread, and the bobbin fills easily. However, when filling the bobbin, go at a medium pace, as going too fast on this machine fills the bobbin unevenly. It is a powerful machine that serves well and if you’re planning on doing heavy-duty work with it, consider the following needles:
Summary of Key Features
- SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 has 11 built-in stitches, including 6 common stitches, 4 decorative stitches, 1 built-in buttonhole, which are ideal for home decor, fashion-style sewing, crafts, among others.
- This machine’s needle positions can be altered to three different positions to add zippers or decorate top-stitching.
- The machine has an interior metal frame that gives it a sturdy build for added stability.
- SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 has a strong motor for heavy-duty work.
- It has a maximum speed of 1100 SPM for faster sewing. The speed is adjustable
- This machine sews through folded multi-layer seams with no problem
- Its speed is great and makes the job easy to finish in a short amount of time
- It’s a great sewing machine for heavy-duty work; it sews through leather and canvas, sometimes many layers thick.
- SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 is relatively quiet
- This machine is a great value for what it does.
- Tricky to do straight stitching as the needle will not center for straight stitching
- No Automatic Needle Threader
Janome HD1000 is a strong, sturdy, and heavy-duty model from Janome company. It has all-metal threading guides and parts such as the bobbin case and race hook, and it’s super easy to thread as the machine is self-threading.
There’s a small retractable box conveniently located on the front part of the machine to store accessories. It can sew through heavy fabric, including several denim layers, and canvas whether you’re doing a zigzag stitch or a straight stitch.
You can also alter the stitch type and dimensions using the circular knobs on the machine. This machine has 14 unique stitch designs, including a 4-step buttonhole stitch. Its dimensions are 18.25 x 8.5 x 15.25 inches, and it weighs 15 pounds.
At its low cost, this machine is remarkable for having several features found on more expensive models. I encourage you to buy Janome HD1000 to feel all the goodies it has in store.
Summary of Key Features
- It is equipped with 14 built-In stitches, including stretch stitches, utility stitches, and an easy-to-use 4-step buttonhole.
- The machine comes with various accessories, including extra needles, buttonhole foot, bobbins, buttonhole ripper, two screwdrivers, hem guide, and a hemmer foot
- Its body parts are made of cast aluminum for reinforced stability and durability.
- It comes with a hard plastic cover to protect it from mechanical damage and for easy storage.
- Janome HD1000 has little felt pieces to easily make your spool of thread turn while you are sewing.
- It is a reliable and fast sewing machine
- Janome HD1000 is much better at sewing lightweight fabric like silk than its counterparts
- This machine is pocket-friendly.
- It is the best mechanical machine out there for home use
- Janome HD1000 is easy to store due to the hard case that comes with it.
- It is also sturdily built, making it last longer than other sewing machines.
- The tension is a little bit off
Janome has perfected the art of making the best sewing machines for children’s clothes, and its exploits have led to the invention of the Janome 4120QDC Computerized Sewing Machine.
This machine is a game-changer in the sewing and quilting world as it is equipped with lots of desirable features relative to its low cost. Don’t feel distressed about your level of expertise because this machine serves both the beginners and the experienced equally well.
This machine has been designed for all kinds of sewing, including home decor, basic sewing, fashion-style sewing, patchwork, quilting, among others. It comes with 120 stitch designs, including 7 buttonholes to help unleash your creative potential.
The machine is computerized and has a large LCD screen to enable you to select your choice’s stitch design, plus the stitch length and width. You can also do stitch editing on the screen.
The stitch width is 7mm to give your work the boldest of touches, and the tension dial allows you to make precise tension settings to suit your needs. It also comes with a table extension to give you more room to execute larger projects.
Janome 4120 QDC has a maximum stitch rate of 820 SPM that you can adjust according to your pace for improved accuracy. This machine is treadle-powered, and its dimensions are 19.8 x 12 x 16 inches with a weight of 22.4 pounds. Get yourself one of these, and your sewing will improve several times over.
Summary of Key Features
- The machine comes with 120 built-in Stitches and built-in alphabetic fonts: this gives you room for creativity to work on more projects.
- It has an automatic needle threader to guide the thread into the eye of the needle; this relieves the burden that comes with doing it by yourself, and your eyes won’t strain.
- It has a backlit LCD screen that lets you visualize and choose stitch type, stitch length, and stitch width.
- The machine has a top-loading bobbin that is jam-resistant. The top drop bobbin system is much better for sewing beginners and experts alike as it is easy to thread, change the bobbin, and get the tension right.
- Janome 4120QDC has efficient button functions; for instance, the thread cutter button cuts both the bottom and top thread at a single touch. The lockstitch button produces single-needle stitching, and the reverse stitch button enables you to backtrack your stitching for reinforcement.
- The auto knot and thread cutting feature of this machine work well
- Its buttonholes are simple and come out beautiful.
- The owner’s manual that comes with this machine is easy to read and explains the stitches well.
- Janome 4120QDC is super quiet.
- It also comes at a very affordable price for all it does.
- The machine has many features such as needle down and auto thread-cutting that are normally found on more expensive machines.
- Janome 4120QDC is easy to clean up.
- This machine doesn’t waddle on the table during operation.
- The machine does not do monogramming.
- It is a bit heavy.
SINGER is a brand that has stamped its authority in constructing high-quality sewing machines. In that regard, I’d like to showcase to you one of its latest makes, which is the SINGER 7258 Sewing Machine!
This machine is equipped with several features that will make your sewing exploits euphoric. It comes with 100 built-in stitches that allow you to do home decor, heirloom stitches, fashion sewing, quilting, and crafting effortlessly.
Its metal frame gives it strength for better durability, and it also has a large LCD screen that enables you to view and select stitch designs and stitch length and width.
Other features worth mentioning are the programmable needle up/down, automatic bobbin winding, presser foot pressure control, a 6-segment feeding system, and the extra-high presser foot lifter.
If your workpiece involves darker fabric or you happen to work in a poorly-lit room, SINGER 7258 has got you covered because it is equipped with two LED lights to illuminate your working area for improved visibility.
It comes with 10 presser feet, including overcasting foot, zipper foot, gathering foot, satin stitch foot, quarter-inch foot, all-purpose foot, blind hem foot, darning foot, buttonhole foot, and narrow-rolled hem foot.
The machine dimensions are 14. 5 L x 7. 5 W x 12 H, weight: 14.6lbs, treadle-powered, and it comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
This machine is a real workhorse and will meet all your sewing demands to account for every penny you spend on it while saving you a lot of precious time.
Summary of Key Features
- SINGER 7258 has a push-button stitch selection, and you can also set the stitch length and width to your tune.
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- 13 needle positioning.
- SINGER 7258 has easy-change presser feet by simply snapping on.
- The machine has an automatic bobbin winding clutch.
- This machine comes with onboard storage.
- It also has a center zigzag taper.
- With this machine, you’ll always know how much bobbin thread you have left thanks to the clear, see-thru bobbin case.
- You can sew without the foot pedal.
- It is excellent for lightweight fabrics.
- The machine unleashes your creative potential as it has a ton of fancy stitch patterns.
- The machine lets you set your sewing speed.
- SINGER 7258 a great deal for the price.
- It’s also well made and sturdy.
- Small storage compartment
- Challenging to control the presser foot
Brother presents one of its finest productions to you: the HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine, which is low-cost and comes with many features. It is an impressive machine that is lightweight, quiet, fast, and does not shake much during operation.
The machine also has needle-down programming to die for, and you can change that if it’s not your cup of tea. If you are a quilter, HC1850 will serve you well at all times, giving you the best products as far as the quilting world goes. This quilter is also suitable for decorative stitching, sewing, and monogramming.
I persuade you to settle for HC1850 if you are a newbie as its lightweight design makes it more portable than other machine models. You can, therefore, carry it to class for training and back home without much effort.
The machine has 130 unique stitches, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitch designs to choose from, and a detachable extension table to broaden your working area to unleash your creative potential.
Like its contemporaries, the Brother HC1850 is computerized and has an LCD screen display that lets you select whatever stitch you desire and the stitch length and width.
Also included is an instructional DVD and a bilingual (Spanish & English) operation manual to extensively guide you through its use. For improved reliability, Brother HC1850 is covered by a 25-year limited warranty and free phone and online technical support to clients.
A point worth noting is that this machine is not approved for use in jurisdictions that don’t support 120V AC!
Summary of Key Features
- This machine has 185 unique built-in stitches consisting of 130 sewing stitches, including 8-styles auto-sized buttonholes, and 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- It is equipped with an advanced needle threading system and drop-in top bobbin that is jam-resistant.
- The machine comes with accessories such as 8 sewing feet, an instructional DVD plus a written manual in English & Spanish, and many more.
- Brother HC1850 is equipped with a backlit LCD screen display that lets you select stitch modes and dimensions at the touch of a button.
- The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine comes with at-your-side-support giving technical support services for free via phone or online interaction for your machine’s lifetime.
- Brother HC1850 enables easy and smooth bobbin winding.
- It also provides for easy threading
- This machine has a stitch-chart right in front of the machine, which improves convenience when working
- Brother HC1850 has an option for needle up or down stop position for added convenience
- The machine’s feed dog retracts to enable free-hand quilting.
- It is also inexpensive ($190) but packed with a lot of features.
- The power cord falls out of the machine easily
- For quilters, it is challenging to see the 1/4 seam guide
10. Janome HD3000
Janome is a trailblazer in the sewing domain and has again shaken the industry by unveiling the Janome HD3000 sewing machine. Sewing machines couldn’t come any better than this, and I urge you to purchase one of these to not miss out on the good stuff it has to offer.
It is a heavy-duty machine that can work on strong, thick, or multilayered fabrics and has a sturdy build for better balance during operation.
The strong metallic parts (aluminum) of this sewer improve its durability; therefore, the machine will last you through several generations. It also comes with a comprehensive instructional manual (at the top tray door) to guide you through its usage.
It has 18 stitch designs to select from, including a one-step buttonhole, which gives you versatility in terms of the variety of projects you can carry out. Other features include a built-in needle threader, a push-pull bobbin winder, snap-on presser feet, and an extra-high presser foot.
The retractable storage compartment makes this machine a free arm, which is excellent for sewing on minor openings and hemming pant pairs. For convenience, stitch length and stitch width adjustment knob are located on the machine’s front part.
It also comes with a hard plastic cover to protect it from mechanical damage and for easy storage. Its dimensions are 16 x 7.2 x 11.3 inches, and it comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
Summary of Key Features
- Janome HD3000 is equipped with a stitch-selection dial that enables you to choose a stitch design, plus stitch length and width.
- The machine is equipped with an automatic declutch bobbin winder, which makes it automatically stop the needle from moving up and down when winding the thread onto the bobbin.
- It comes with a hands-on thread tension control that gives you the liberty to set the thread to your preferred tension.
- This machine has a reverse stitch lever that makes it backstitch your work for reinforced finishing.
- Janome HD3000 has This machine has a retractable free arm.
- It has an ultra-high presser foot lift, which is ideal for stitching over denim seams and other bulky material.
- It is great for sewing small openings like a sleeve or hemming a pair of pants.
- Janome HD3000 is long-lasting owing to its aluminum-made body.
- It can also be used for free-motion quilting.
- Janome HD3000 has a concise instructional guide.
- The machine is perfect for piecing together quilt blocks.
- It does not have an automatic thread cutter.
- The machine lacks the needle up/needle down feature.
On final thoughts, I would like to reiterate that it is essential to have the best sewing machine for children’s clothes. Good machines are fast and lead to increased productivity as you can do more work in a short while.
The machines highlighted above are also safer than older models because they have safety features installed in them to minimize injury risk.
The metallic reinforcements give them much-needed longevity for long-term use. Invest by buying one of these sewing machines, and you’ll be rewarded exponentially soon enough.
On a personal note, I’ll go with the Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine taking into account its versatility of use, cost, and technologically-oriented features. Feel free, however, to decide which machine best suits you based on the above extensive analysis.